Teaching your kids from home? Struggling to do so and make time to get some fresh air? Why not do both, at the same time? We've discovered a range of helpful buys to bring the classroom outside in Lockdown 3.0 – the kids will love it!
Whatever class they are in or age they are, these garden buys will keep them busy for the day while keeping their brain stimulated. And, they should give you some time to finally have a hot cuppa.
From a garden potions kit to sensory play cards, a sports day set and even a sandpit, here are eight top buys for homeschooling, if you want to take things outside. Don't miss our garden ideas for kids for even more outdoor inspiration too. Time to get their wellies on...
1. Buy this card game for sensory garden play
2. Bring Sports Day home with help from this kit – complete with a spoon and egg, bean bags and more
3. Buy them a small trampoline and pass it off as PE – it is exercise!
- Want something bigger? Check out our cheap trampoline deals page for the top offers for January 2021
4. Check out this potion making kit and get mixing with petals, leaves, grass and soil from your garden
5. Invest in a sandpit and leave them to build their kingdom
6. Buy this wooden easel and encourage them to create masterpieces
7. Get the giant chalk out for a pavement lesson
8. Buy a mud kitchen for your garden so they can cook up a storm(y mess)
For after (home)school fun...
Annie is our Deputy Ecommerce Editor at Gardeningetc. With her shopping expertise influencing readers across the titles of Real Homes, Ideal Home, Homes & Gardens, Livingetc, and Woman & Home, Annie is always in the know of everything you need to buy for your outdoor space. She's on hand to inform avid gardeners when to buy whatever they are after — and from where. Annie's team cover shopping edits, buying guides, and gift guides on Gardeningetc, from striking outdoor lighting to pretty and practical bird feeders, or even a gift for a friend or family member who loves to garden — they cover it all. When she's at home, Annie is forever brainstorming ways to maximize space out on her delightfully private, yet teeny-tiny, London terrace. With her Pug, Doug, to entertain outdoors and a penchant for sitting outside and catching the sun, this job is proving itself to be never-ending. She's changed her mind many times when it comes to decorating this space, having made her own pallet garden furniture but now, settling for a gorgeous bamboo set from Argos. This year, she's hoping to entice bees and other insects into her garden by filling the sizeable walled planter that stretches from one end of her terrace to the other, with wildflowers and more. Otherwise, next on her to-buy list is a luxury fire pit for keeping warm in the guaranteed British summertime breeze.
You can find Annie's home Instagram account at @athome.withannie.
12 DIY outdoor bench ideas to try in your backyard
Ideas These DIY outdoor bench ideas will inspire you to get creative and put together stylish and unique seating for your garden
By Jill Morgan • Published
Best fast-growing shrubs: 10 quick ways to add impact to your yard
Plants If you're looking for fast-growing shrubs to quickly fill your yard with color, texture and interest, these vigorous growers will fit the bill
By Graham Rice • Published