By Sarah Wilson
If you're looking for a scary Halloween pizza recipe, this is just the thing for small trick or treaters to get involved with making. Topped with mozzarella ghosts, this easy bake will be done in the pizza oven in minutes.
You'll need a ghost-shaped cutter for the cheese, and your witches and wizards will love helping to press out the shapes. Set them the challenge of coming up with their own spooky themes – cats and bats, for example, or maybe spooky spiders. Black olives are always good for imaginative minds to make ghoulish shapes with.
Our recipe makes one decent-sized pizza for sharing out between little ones but can easily be doubled up if you have more to feed. Read on to find out how to do it. Happy Halloween!
- With thanks to Violife for sharing this recipe for World Vegan Day on 1 November
Ingredients for the dough
- 300g flour
- 3g sugar
- 3g salt
- 3g dried yeast
- 180ml water
Ingredients for the sauce
- 150g tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for the topping
- 1 pack mozzarella slices - we used Violife mozzarella flavour slices
- 50g black olives
- 50g capers, drained
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. To make the pizza dough, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Use your hands or the dough attachment on a food mixer to form a dough. When the dough is ready, shape into a ball and wrap in cling film. Set aside in a warm place.
2. Preheat the pizza oven.
3. Make the tomato marinara sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a blender until combined.
4. Use your cookie cutter, or carefully use a knife, to cut out ghost shapes from the cheese slices.
5. Once the dough has doubled in size, roll it out into a circle of 30cm. Spoon the marinara sauce over the base. Top with your mozzarella ghosts, using olive slices and capers to make eyes. Bake in the pizza oven until the cheese is melted. When the pizza is ready, garnish with fresh basil leaves to serve.
Bulb lasagne ideas and combinations to try: 10 looks for eye-catching containers
Ideas These bulb lasagne designs will bring any patio or deck to life when spring arrives
By Holly Crossley •
Plaiting garlic: expert advice for mastering the traditional technique
Grow Your Own Plaiting garlic is easy – and will help your crop last longer and store better, so follow these expert tips
By Anna Cottrell •