Here's our take on classic s'mores recipe, the delicious American-style seasonal treats. The traditional s'more usually consists of toasted marshmallows and chocolate sauce in a sandwich of Graham crackers.
It's getting chillier out so this recipe is great timing for gathering round the fire pit to toast marshmallows. Read on for the super easy recipe and have fun making them over half term.
- With thanks to Results Wellness Lifestyle for sharing this recipe
APPLE AND TOASTED MARSHMALLOW S'MORES
- 4 thick slices of apple
- 20g peanut butter
- 40g dark chocolate, melted
- 8 marshmallows, toasted
1. Slice the apples horizontally to make four sturdy slices.
2. Spread peanut butter over each slice of apple.
3. Snap the chocolate into squares and put in a bowl. Microwave until melted, then drizzle on top of the peanut butter.
4. Place the marshmallows onto metal skewers and toast over an open flame on a fire pit or barbecue. Using a fork, carefully slide the marshmallows off the skewers and onto the chocolate.
5. To finish, drizzle over the remaining melted chocolate. Enjoy!