Here's our take on classic s'mores recipe, the delicious American-style seasonal treats. The traditional s'more usually consists of toasted marshmallows and chocolate sauce in a sandwich of Graham crackers.
It's getting chillier out so this recipe is great timing for gathering round the fire pit to toast marshmallows. Read on for the super easy recipe and have fun making them over half term.
- With thanks to Results Wellness Lifestyle for sharing this recipe
APPLE AND TOASTED MARSHMALLOW S'MORES
- 4 thick slices of apple
- 20g peanut butter
- 40g dark chocolate, melted
- 8 marshmallows, toasted
1. Slice the apples horizontally to make four sturdy slices.
2. Spread peanut butter over each slice of apple.
3. Snap the chocolate into squares and put in a bowl. Microwave until melted, then drizzle on top of the peanut butter.
4. Place the marshmallows onto metal skewers and toast over an open flame on a fire pit or barbecue. Using a fork, carefully slide the marshmallows off the skewers and onto the chocolate.
5. To finish, drizzle over the remaining melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Lifestyle journalist Sarah Wilson has been writing about gardens since 2015. She's written for Gardeningetc.com, Livingetc, Homes & Gardens, Easy Gardens and Modern Gardens magazines. Having studied introductory garden and landscape design, she is currently putting the skills learned to good use in her own space where the dream is establishing a cutting garden.
Take part in the RSPB’s Big Garden Birdwatch 2023 to save our feathered friends
Gardens Watching garden visitors for just one hour in the Big Garden Birdwatch 2023 could help provide vital data to protect birds from the effects of climate change
By Jayne Dowle Published
Do you need to chit potatoes? Find out what the experts say
Grow Your Own Learn how to chit potatoes before planting them in the ground and you’ll be on your way to getting an earlier and bigger harvest
By Drew Swainston Published