Here's our take on classic s'mores recipe, the delicious American-style seasonal treats. The traditional s'more usually consists of toasted marshmallows and chocolate sauce in a sandwich of Graham crackers.
It's getting chillier out so this recipe is great timing for gathering round the fire pit to toast marshmallows. Read on for the super easy recipe and have fun making them over half term.
- With thanks to Results Wellness Lifestyle (opens in new tab) for sharing this recipe
APPLE AND TOASTED MARSHMALLOW S'MORES
- 4 thick slices of apple
- 20g peanut butter
- 40g dark chocolate, melted
- 8 marshmallows, toasted
1. Slice the apples horizontally to make four sturdy slices.
2. Spread peanut butter over each slice of apple.
3. Snap the chocolate into squares and put in a bowl. Microwave until melted, then drizzle on top of the peanut butter.
4. Place the marshmallows onto metal skewers and toast over an open flame on a fire pit or barbecue. Using a fork, carefully slide the marshmallows off the skewers and onto the chocolate.
5. To finish, drizzle over the remaining melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Lifestyle journalist Sarah Wilson has been writing about gardens since 2015. She's written for Gardeningetc.com, Livingetc, Homes & Gardens, Easy Gardens and Modern Gardens magazines. Her first job on glossy magazines was at Elle, during which time a visit to the legendary La Colombe d'Or in St-Paul-de-Vence led to an interest in all things gardening. Later as lifestyle editor at Country Homes & Interiors magazine the real pull was the run of captivating country gardens that were featured. Having studied introductory garden and landscape design as well as a course in floristry she is currently putting the skills learned to good use in her own space where the dream is establishing a cutting garden.
Ryobi 18V ONE+ 40cm Cordless Brushless lawn mower review: quiet and easy to handle
Garden Tools We tested the Ryobi 18V ONE+ 40cm Cordless Brushless lawn mower to find out if the mower that looks like a highlighter will turn out to be a garden highlight
By Steve Bradley • Published
How to cool down a pool: swim in comfort this summer with our tips
How To Learn how to cool down a pool and you can enjoy a refreshing dip no matter how hot it gets outdoors
By Holly Crossley • Published